We’re currently seeking an organized, tech-savvy specialist to support our team with administrative expertise including finances, systems improvement, tech/IT, and office and data management. This position is full-time with opportunities to grow professionally and contribute to something that really matters.
The Administrative Specialist would work closely with the executive director to develop solid processes and tools to support Beautiful Day’s staff and mission. We want to empower our staff to shift more of their efforts towards doing work that gives them joy and uses their strongest skills.
This position would be a good fit for someone who cares deeply about our mission, is passionate about the social enterprise model, and would thrive in a start-up environment that is diverse, collaborative, and requires flexibility and resourcefulness. We expect to adapt the job to the right person’s strengths and interests. The ability to take the lead in administration on a team that is creatively focused on our mission will be important. For the foreseeable future we expect most work to be done from a home office. As restrictions lighten we are comfortable with an on-site/at-home work combination. We will also consider part-time or contractor arrangements.
- Manage day-to-day finances including bookkeeping, reconciling, paying bills, liaising with our accountant, while seeking to improve and streamline digital systems
- Maintain records and filing (mostly digital) including for donors and grants
- Basic HR: payroll, onboarding staff, researching and planning ahead for HR systems as we grow
- Support our team’s use of a CRM database (used for sales and donation tracking, customer service, marketing, and program management)
- Some desktop support and occasional coaching/training for a mostly-virtual team often using their own devices (mostly Macs)
- Basic office management and helping create a productive, hospitable space (even if virtual) for staff to connect
- Some project management, assisting with purchasing/receiving, correspondence, preparing for board meetings
- Some volunteer management, crisis management, problem-solving
- Organized, efficient, attentive to accuracy and details
- Tech savvy, quick to learn new tools, interested in database management and design
- Skilled at managing projects and administration for a team that is creatively engaged with social issues
- Appreciates engaging with a broad range of activities; has the capacity to multi-task or shift focus without great stress
- Motivated, resourceful, proactive; energized by bringing new ideas and the process of developing creative, practical solutions
- Good common sense and good sense of humor
- Able to prioritize effectively and shift gracefully from close teamwork to independent projects
- 3+ years as administrative specialist, executive assistant, office manager
- 1+ year working or living in a cross-cultural environment
- Preferred: experience in a non-profit and/or start-up environment.
- Preferred: experience with our primary applications: Xero, Evernote, Gusto, One Drive, Google Suite, MS Office, Shopify, Slack, Campaign Monitor.
- Preferred: some experience with Salesforce administration and functionality. Open to pursuing Salesforce admin or development certification
- A demonstrated commitment to social justice, refugee resettlement, and/or immigration work
- We’re pretty creative. For the right team-player we can adjust a job description. Work schedule would be flexible. We offer limited benefits (no medical), earned vacation.
- Around 40K per year depending on experience, hours per week, final job description.
How to apply:
Send a letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put “Admin Specialist” in the subject so that your application doesn’t get lost. The letter is important—we’d like to have a good sense of your personality, motivations, writing abilities, and why you might thrive in a job like this. Tell us if you know someone who knows us.